您现在的位置是：부모와 아이 >>正文
[New on scene] Kim Chang
简介It’s rare for a rookie director like Kim Chang-hoon, whose debut action noir “Hopeless” hits local t ...
It’s rare for a rookie director like Kim Chang-hoon, whose debut action noir “Hopeless” hits local theaters this week, to be invited to the Cannes International Film Festival.
“(The festival took place in) a foreign country so I couldn’t really understand the feedback (I received). But just last week in Busan, I was able to meet with local audiences and hear their responses and communicate with them,” Kim told The Korea Herald in an interview in Seoul on Tuesday.
Kim and the actors from “Hopeless” attended the Busan International Film Festival which kicked off last Thursday for the Korean premiere of the film and for open talk sessions.
As the screenwriter and director of “Hopeless,” a film revolving around Yeo-kyu (Hong Sa-bin), a teenager abused by his stepfather, and his encounter with the right-hand man of a gang boss, Chi-gun (Song Joong-ki), Kim said he thought deeply about how the decisions one makes have consequences.
“When I was working on the scenario of ‘Hopeless,’ I was in a financially and mentally difficult situation. I thought about how you reap what you sow,” he said.
“I took on so many part time jobs to make ends meet while preparing for this film. I can’t even list them all because I did so many. I worked at a motel during the day and worked on my scenario while all the guests were asleep at night. Of course, it was a really difficult time, but I really appreciate it because I was able to write ‘Hopeless’ there,” he added.
- 부모와 아이
South Korean stocks ended more than 1 percent higher Tuesday, as investors were buoyed by the latest ...
- 부모와 아이
Finance Minister Choo Kyung-ho called on the National Assembly on Wednesday to reenact the now-defun ...
- 부모와 아이
In the winter of 2005, South Korea experienced a roller coaster of emotion, looping between shock, d ...
- Hyundai’s ‘Uni Wheel’ system gives more room for different car designs
- Production teams called out for carelessness
- US approves possible sale of SM
- [Herald Interview] ‘Daily Dose of Sunshine’ director, actor say drama consoled them
- [Herald Review] ‘Single in Seoul’ a bland rom
- SK to create world's first advanced plastic recycling cluster, breaks ground in Ulsan
정부, GP 복원 계획…김태효 "北 무장에 가만히 있으면 안된다"
Top diplomats of S. Korea, US, Japan hold talks on margins of APEC summit
Prix Medicis winning Han Kang wants next novel to be like 'spring'
Stray Kids to perform at 2023 Billboard Music Awards
Hillstate Gayang flats in Daejeon to go on sale
Seoul shares close higher as US inflation softens
- Biden to visit Israel as war in Gaza sparks humanitarian crisis
- Opposition leader away in court with critics calling for his departure from party
- US strategic bomber B
- S. Korea, US, Japan stage trilateral maritime interdiction drills for 1st time in 7 years
- Industry minister asks refiners to use fair pricing policy amid Israel
- [KH Explains] Shipbuilders scramble to secure labor force amid booming industry
- 유승민 “안철수·이준석, 초상집서 상주끼리 그만 싸워라”
- S. Korean industries to see modest recovery in 2024: think tank
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Paris, soaring demand for Korean studies yet to be fully met
- S. Korea, US and Japan to conduct joint aerial exercise for 1st time: source
- Gender ministry to discipline 123 parents for not paying child support
- Naver to build digital twin platform for Saudi cities
- 병역거부 대체복무자 첫 소집해제…1173명 전국 교정시설에
- Chinese restaurant ‘threatened’ by peers for free delivery
- 12 suspected cases of lumpy skin disease in cattle under investigation
- Korea reports 7 more cases of lumpy skin disease, total now at 17
- Korean delicacy of live octopus leads to choking death of 82
- Over 40% of manufacturers say they need more foreign workers
- N. Korea blames US for instigating Israel
- [KH Explains] Samsung
- US missionary descendant picked to rescue troubled ruling party
- [Our Museums] Ride through nation's train heritage at Korea Railroad Museum
- Looming election has Yoon advocating harder for everyday South Koreans
- Genesis BBQ opens 11th store in Vietnam
- KT, Hyundai E&C, Saudi’s STC team up for digital infrastructure
- Hyundai partners with Saudi firms to build hydrogen mobility ecosystem
- Seventeen 1st male group this year to top Melon Top 100
- Billlie opens a new world in 'Side
- Seoul shares open higher as US Treasury yields slide