[HIT Forum] More than 400 attendees explore space at HIT forum
简介Hundreds of students and industry insiders gathered at the 2023 Korea Herald Humanity In Tech Forum ...
Hundreds of students and industry insiders gathered at the 2023 Korea Herald Humanity In Tech Forum held at the Shilla Seoul to discuss the future of space exploration and its impact on humanity.
“My hobby is to write science fiction novels. I was inspired by the talks given by the speakers, especially the part where Yi Soyeon said, ‘Earth is the cradle of humanity, but one cannot live in a cradle forever,’ quoting the Russian rocket scientist Konstatin Tsiolkovsky,” said Choi Da-bin, a neuroscience major at Ewha Woman's University.
“I hope to further develop my hobby through the lectures given today, especially as the leading sci-fi genre author Bae Myung-hoon gives a lecture today,” Choi said.
A large number of students joined the event, excited to meet Yi, Korea's one and only astronaut, in person.
“I have been interested in space since I was younger. There is just this inexplainable longing for space in me,” said Jang Myoung-shin, another student from Ewha Woman’s University majoring in mathematics education.
“It was an honor to meet Yi in-person today, whom I have known about since childhood. Her speech about appreciating reality was touching, and she is definitely a role model for me as a female astronaut,” she said.
After Yi wrapped up her speech, students like Jang lined up in front of the stage to take photos with her.
Students also asked questions about space and its relationship with humanity to Yi and Sasha Sagan -- another keynote speaker and daughter of the legendary US astronomer Carl Sagan -- during a Q&A session following a joint panel discussion between the two speakers.
An attendee asked what Sagan would like to see in the future of space travel, referring to the recent push for commercial space flights.
“The best case scenario would be everyone who wants the opportunity to go up and have a glimpse of the Earth comes back with a sense of gratitude and appreciation for our planet,” Sagan responded.
A student from Hongik University majoring in arts asked Yi whether people from unrelated fields can say they have an interest in space without much background knowledge.
“A person does not have to be good at soccer to like the sport -- and it's the same with space,” Yi said. “There are already plenty of experts in the engineering field that are interested in space. There should be more from other disciplines showing interest.”
김태효 국가안보실 1차장은 북한의 최전방 감시초소(GP) 복원에 대응해 우리 GP도 복원할 계획이라고 27일 밝혔다.김태효 국가안보실 1차장. 연합뉴스김 차장은 이날 KBS 뉴스라 ...
President Yoon Suk Yeol vowed Monday to move up the completion of the Great Train Express commuter r ...
Daewoong Pharmaceutical said Monday the company will develop a microneedle-based obesity treatment d ...
- School violence drops, drugs among teens surge: police
- Former justice minister hints at parliamentary bid as 'nonlegal' route for redemption
- Visa applications open for additional 12,900 foreign workers
- [Bills in Focus] Broader offshore financial support, mobility regulatory sandbox
- German envoy calls for enhanced security cooperation with S. Korea
- Nationwide reports spark escalating public fears of bedbugs
S. Korea's English proficiency slips 13 notches to 49th
Coupang opens 2nd fullfillment center in Taiwan
LG Electronics opens Alaskan lab to develop HVAC tech in extreme weather
Hyundai to develop own cheaper batteries for EVs
Korean Air orders 20 Airbus A321neo aircraft
Enhypen's new album to be led by 'Sweet Venom'
- 황교안 "유승민·이준석 자리만 차지…통합, 잡탕밥 돼선 안돼"
- FM holds back
- [Herald Interview] Chung Ji
- US, China agree to work towards Biden
- [사진] “군 초급간부 여건 개선 노력해달라”
- SPC Chairman's office searched over alleged unjust labor practices
- Most top earners live in or near Seoul: data
- Hybe artists could be returning to MBC
- Exports of passenger cars up 16 pct in Q3 on eco
- 신원식 “나도 육군이지만, 합참의장은 해군 시켜야”
- In early 2029, Earth will likely breach key warming threshold: scientists
- Decoding Korea's 'virtuous' drinking culture
- [Herald Interview] Journey to find her voice has brought Vittoria Yeo to peak performance
- [Korean History] Bodies of two infants discovered in freezer in Seoul's Seorae Village
- N. Korean envoy rejects report on Hamas using N. Korean arms as 'groundless'
- NCSoft to unveil new titles at G
- Yoon doubles down on cutting national debt in 2024 budget speech
- On verge of closing, rural school tries to lure students with financial benefits
- 협치 첫 단추 ‘현수막 난립방지법’ 소위 통과
- [Korea Quiz] Lucrative MLB careers
- US lawmaker submits bill requiring Pentagon report on allies' defense contribution
- CJ Olive Young opens foreigner
- 악수 청한 윤 대통령에 김용민 “이제 그만두셔야죠”
- Rental fraudster’s ‘luxury life’ sparks anger
- ArtToken, KAIST sign MOU to cooperate in art, technology fields
- Director touts Netflix's ‘Daily Dose of Sunshine’ as warm tale for adults
- ‘北 정찰위성 3차 발사’ 질문에 美 국방부 “계속 모니터링”
- AmCham reaffirms Korea
- Kakao Mobility announces plan to overhaul commission system amid monopoly criticism
- NK closes embassy in Spain after shutting down 2 missions in Africa